Skills: Geoscience Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Geoscience Data Analyst, on a long term contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Supports Geoscience team members in the management of subsurface data and information, database administration and interpretation applications support. Particularly focused on supporting well data management workflows and with a keen appetite for identifying and developing new digital ways of working to improve efficiency.
- Manage on a daily basis Geosciences data (interpretation studies, reference data bases) including loading, organizing, QC, editing, formatting, cleaning, repository transfer and managing access rights
- Apply and respect UK national regulatory requirements, company policies, procedures, standards and rules (naming conventions, organisation, workflows and confidentiality) to ensure data flow quality and adherence to deadlines
- Liaise with support teams in HQ office in order to ensure corporate reference data systems are populated with key geoscience data
- Perform searches and provide or produce inventories of the relevant Geosciences information and data / knowledge
- Organize the quality control operations in both reference and interpretation study databases by using scripts and DQM tools
- Provide data management application companionship to both geoscientists and internal team and coordinate on demand in hands-on training and workshop operations for users
- Conduct Geoscience data management projects or complex data management operations, including service improvements and implementing new digital ways of working.
- Degree Qualification in Geosciences or data management disciplines
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry and specifically a strong knowledge of well data types (Well header, well logs, checkshots, deviation, etc)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of successful data management (including data transfer, loading (import/export), data QC, unit conversions, project creation, data bases migration, data life cycle from raw to archive, data governance)
- Capabilities in data management workflows for geoscience software including Petrel, OpenSpirit, Studio, OpenWorks, Recall, Techlog, Geolog, Sismage
- Proven analytical and communications skills (both written and oral English)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with clients/ team
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (not essential):
- Experience working with other geoscience data types including seismic and reservoir.
- Experience with data manipulation (pre-processing); data cleansing; dashboards creation; tasks automation.
- Software / scripting competencies:
- PowerBI, Python, R
- Linux and SQL basics.