Other Skills: Familiar with distance learning tools - Very good communication, technical and presentation skills
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Technical Training Manager bring together his/her technical skills and knowledge to ensure high quality, consistent and innovative technical training and development approaches for refinery smooth operations.
Leading the functioning of technical training and the preparation, planning and execution of technical training programs/courses according to the company needs and technical training plan.
- Collaborate with training providers, technical teams, contractor for the successful implementation of technical training & development activities that support long-term sustainability.
- Create and execute technical learning strategies and programs.
- Ensure high quality, consistent and innovative approaches for delivering programs.
- Manage and coordinate all the technical training programs and select the appropriate training method to meet learning objectives and to suit the intended audience.
- Manage training infrastructures / resources effectively and efficiently to ensure maximum utilization and return on investment.
- Understand the functional technical needs and ability to prioritize decisions on technical training and development solutions.
- Ensure training, assessment and certification as per group development program for field operation employees.
- Manage the annual technical training budgeting, review and control.
- Planning, communication and execution of annual technical training calendar.
- Prepare annual and monthly training calendar for technical field staff (engineers, operators, technicians, etc.)
- Create a culture of continuous technical learning within the organization by providing the right technical training interventions.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and updating of Technical Training Management System.
- Schedule, coordinate and train new technical hires on the training software.
- Work with the technical managers and technical teams to identify, coordinate and manage training needs and programs.
- Manage, plan, and organize technical course materials (including handouts, manuals, exercises, email tips and quick reference guides).
- Create, manage and update various technical training reports.
- Responsible for scheduling training sessions.
- Coordinate and manage all logistics for technical programs.
- Interact with vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Identify opportunities for improving performance.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Division and/or senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- 15-20 years' experience. At least 5-10 years in technical training management, and at least three years in refineries.
- Excellent oral/written English, as well as local language.
- Very good communication, technical and presentation skills.
- Experienced user of virtual communication tools (WebEx, etc.).
- Familiar with distance learning tools.
- Excellent PR and positive customer service attitude.
- Strong process and engineering background.