Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
The Finance Analytics Center of Excellence Team
At Baker Hughes (BKR), we are reshaping the future of finance by building a world-class Financial Analytics Centre of Excellence (CoE) team based in Kuala Lumpur. The CoE's vision is to enhance value creation by providing more robust and timely analysis to help drive optimum tactical & strategic business decisions. We are looking at innovative solutions to streamline processes, enhance systems and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We want to build best-in-class practices within Baker Hughes, setting the stage to become the preferred place any finance professional wants to work. This is the kind of work we drive and now you can play a part to be a catalyst for change.
Reporting to our London based Corporate HQ, the CoE spearheads new ways of working for the business in BKR, driving value creation via standardisation and capabilities built on robust processes and leveraging cutting-edge technology. Being a part of COE analyst team, you will work alongside financial professionals and engage business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop a strong foundation for your career.
The selected candidate is expected to design & launch analytics capability cross Baker Hughes, manage communications cross different shareholders and lead application/migration.
He/she will be a critical team member to help to speed up the depth of business/system/organization know how build up in the center, developing team to consistent expertise improvement, tools utilization and process simplification cross entire organization.
Reporting & Analytical synergies:
- Actuals reporting, and certain level of predictability set up to enhance cost productivity
- Map out & help on team's knowhow of BKR critical system/data flows, i.e., Essbase, Theia and other core IT systems to utilize them to their full potential - automate reporting wherever possible to address solutions
- Drive execution for one BKR template cross PCs/Functions/regions to enable common understanding on results and provide more relevant commentary and information for decision making faster and more accurately.
- Identify and drive simplification and standardization opportunities around systems and process improvements acrossBKR.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or financial work experience, preferably in financial planning & analysis, management reporting, commercial finance and /or equivalent experience
- Strong character, accountability and independency to figure out solutions and make an impact
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel (Essential) and core financial systems skill/exposure - e.g. Essbase, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle, SAP
- Ability to recognize the needs, strong execution to solve issues in complexity and drive efficiency & productivity
- Strong interpersonal & influence skill
- Advanced communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Team player: able to work across different teams and contribute to a positive environment
- Extensive accounting/finance knowledge in the O&G industry
- Positive "can-do" approach
- Able to work under pressure, flexibility to handle the challenges and critical financial planning & reporting cycle
- Ability to work with teams across functions and around the globe
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.