Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia leads the development of two of Australia's largest natural gas developments - the Gorgon and Wheatstone Projects - and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Taxation Adviser to join the Tax team. Reporting to the Tax Planning Coordinator, this permanent role will be based in Perth.
- Support the preparation of tax filings
- Provide taxation support in connection with Australian Taxation Office (ATO) audits and reviews
- Provide Australian tax support to Chevron commercial arrangements including liaising directly with the commercial teams, reviewing agreements, identifying key tax risks and opportunities and making recommendations for mitigating tax risks
- Technical research to develop and support tax positions
- Prepare income tax ruling applications to the ATO and submissions on tax law reviews or proposed law changes
- Monitor new developments in the tax laws affecting Chevron's Australian operations
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Chartered Accountant with minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in Corporate Taxation
- Self-starting and able to work independently due to the high work demands on the Chevron Australia tax group
- Ability to provide sensible commercially astute and understandable solutions and advice
- Has confidence and ability to make a risk balanced decision on complicated and untested areas of law
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Law, or an equivalent accounting qualification
- Strong Australian corporate tax compliance skills
- Some Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (PRRT) knowledge
- Oil and gas experience
- Use of digital tools
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest natural gas facilities
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Friday, 3 April 2020, 3PM WST.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.