The Competency Manager is responsible for all facets of Training and Competency for ISM's and will proactively develop the Baker Hughes xPC ISM Training and Competence Assurance Program. The Manager must have broad knowledge of Competency Assurance Systems and related implementation. This position will oversee the training and competency at multiple sites.
Targeted at Senior Professional Band candidates, the role could be appropriate for a Cultivate or IMPACT roll-off assignee with the required qualifications, as below.
In the role of Integrated Project Management Office Competency Manager, you will:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training and competency standards for Baker Hughes to deliver xPC projects for project managers/directors.
- Accountable for the management of the Competency Assurance Program to develop, maintain and implement a fully compliant program.
- Provide local training and support through active interactions with stakeholders before, during, and after commissioning and start up.
- Develop and implement methods to track and measure the effectiveness of training and programs.
- Accountable for the collection and sharing of competency key performance indicators and work with local management to ensure regulatory, quality and internal standards are met across multiple sites.
- Conduct regular audits and verification of training activities, materials and records, to ensure overall program effectiveness, adherence to relevant standards and developing and implementing 'Gap' closure action plans
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 7 years in the oil and gas industry with experience in operations, program development, or project management.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience developing competency assurance programs and/or in a training department.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- Thorough understanding of training development and delivery within an operating environment.
- An acute sensitivity to HSE issues in upstream oil & gas environments.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects; PMP certification advantageous.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.