Skills: Barge Master
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Barge Supervisor is fully responsible for all Marine aspects of operations.
- Barge Supervisor License
- GMDSS License
- 5+ years experience with Marine Systems & Maintenance
- 2+ years experience as Barge Supervisor on a deepwater vessel
- Must pass medical, drug screen and preemployment screening
- Offshore training required
- Responsible for ensuring Management is informed of validity of all vessel compliance and certifications required by Regulatory Authorities, Flag States and Local Government including Radio Installations, Hull Certifications, Pollution Prevention Equipment, Manuals and required documents.
- Responsible for maintaining the rig systems drawings, Station Bills, Operating Manuals, Stability Programs and Marine Files
- Responsible for overall seaworthiness of the vessel and soundness of the structure
- Ensuring modifications are done in a professional manner, consistent with statutory rules, recorded, and approved by Management and relevant Regulatory Authorities, including the recording of weights for maintenance of vessel stability and load line requirements.
- Responsible for Organization and Housekeeping of main deck areas, including the loading, storage and monitoring of rig consumables, drill pipe, casing, bulk fluids, bulk chemicals and various items
- Responsible for the supervision of Crane Operators, Roustabouts and paint crews
- Responsible to assist in the maintenance of all Marine Fire and Safety systems on board the vessel Including, but not limited to: Lifeboats & Life-rafts, Fire Systems, Lifesaving Appliances, Confined Space Entry, Gas Detection, Fire/Boat/Gas Drills, Radio equipment and mechanical/electrical compliance with regulatory requirements and the permit to work program.
- Responsible for the planning, preparations, logistics, and equipment checks during rig moves. In the absence of a Move Master, will be responsible for positioning of rig
- Responsible for the assisting in the planning, organization, logistics and execution of hull preventative maintenance program, including steel replacement, tank maintenance and protective coating program
- Assists in managing and tracking maintenance of the hull, superstructure and marine equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position Barge Supervisor Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: