Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary:
This lead position based in the Kuala Lumpur Global Finance Centre, in Malaysia, will lead the LATAM Regional Indirect Tax Team of 35 Indirect and 5 Direct tax professionals whose responsibility is to manage all Indirect Tax Compliance and Controllership for the whole of the LATAM regionEssential Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Manage a large team of Indirect Tax professionals to ensure that all Indirect Taxes for the LATAM Region are calculated, filed and paid on time.
- Manage and ensure that all tracking and KPI data is available and correct
- Liaise and work closely with Controllership and FP&A, both in country and HQ for both internal and external reporting
- Manage all Indirect Tax balance sheet reconciliations and aging of all Indirect Tax assets and liabilities.
- Manage process improvement and automation projects for Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and all other countries in LATAM
- Manage the development and training of all staff in the LATAM Indirect Tax Team
- Manage all other ad hoc projects as and when they arise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- CPA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent professional qualification
- 15 years of working experience with South American taxes
- 10 years of staff management experience
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent spoken and written both Spanish, Portuguese and English
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.