Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, China
Responsible for providing Control & Automation engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying basic engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation
- Reliability and performance improvement on DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system and other assigned area
- To develop and implement precise maintenance plan and quality control plan to ensure best reliability performance with optimal cost to contribute overall plant target;
- To lead root causes analysis and troubleshooting for DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system to ensure improvement are implemented effectively;
- To lead and supervise routine/non-routine maintenance activities closely and maintain critical history and reliability data for improvement;
- To set up and optimize spare parts inventory/sourcing for DCS/PLC.
- To lead all SIFs of SIS procedures optimization and proof revalidation at site.
- To lead and ensure Bently and OVS system reliability and performance improvement at site.
- To develop and maintain USB/removable media policy and procedure for PCN assets. Implement system hardening measures recommended by vendor, and Implement AV and OS patch update process in line with GDP 3.5-0001 requirements, including PLC/Bently/CMS/FGS/CCTV system etc.
- To lead review and follow up actions of annual firewall audits provided by PCN COE.
- To develop and maintain backup and restore procedures for PCN systems with periodic testing of restore procedure carried out.
- To lead reporting Automation Systems cyber incidents to the Security Operations Center(SOC).
Digital System Capability build up
- To provide technical coach, training and consultation over site on DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system maintenance and reliable operation.
- To develop work instruction or maintenance standing operating procedure (SOP).
- To be experts and SPA in DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system maintenance& reliability issue to ensure best practices and new reliability improvement technology from network/vendor are implemented effective cross the site to improve plant reliability, safety and cost efficiency.
Safety and integrity management
- To execute the assigned work order which includes routine inspection, repair, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, overhaul and plant turnaround activities, according to related maintenance procedures and Work Instruction and I&E Leader's instruction.
- To lead assigned maintenance task to ensure work are executed safely.
- To work with and supervise contractors to perform assigned maintenance work to meet our safety requirement and technical specification.
University graduated, majored in automation engineering, or equivalent discipline.
- Requires at least 5-8 years of experience in DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system
- Has rich working experience and demonstrated strong understanding in DCS PLC CCC CMS and PCN security etc.
- Skilful application of configuration/ diagnosis technique used on DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system
- Basic knowledge and application on field instrument and automated valves
- Working knowledge and experience on assurance of engineering integrity, like use of technical standard and assurance process, assessment and mitigation of risk, assurance of competency of personnel etc.
- Basic application of assurance for engineering integrity;
- Good understanding of business of maintenance;
- Basic application of plant availability system & processes;maintenance methodology, turnaround planning & execution, and skilful application of root causes failure analysis; design and construction of field instrument and automated valves
- Skilful application of DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system performance evaluation and troubleshooting;
- Mastery of some of DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system skill and techniques;
- Ability to provide coach and instruction to other MAs and contractors on DCS PLC CCC CMS etc. automation system
- Basic knowledge of PTA process and equipment performance requirement.