Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Essential Responsibilities
The data scientist is involved in all aspects of the product development ranging from requirements analysis, feature development, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release.
In this role as a software engineer you will:
- Build and deliver key data science models for all digital inspection applications, including Automatic Defect Recognition (ADR) and Remote Monitoring and Diagnosis (RMD).
- Lead the technology development with internal and external partners to deliver key new data science and analysis technologies
- Drive and enable differentiating digital and data driven capabilities across the Inspection Technologies product landscape
- Monitor key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Explore and examine data for use in predictive and prescriptive modelling to deliver insights customers
- Understand, analyze and build on customer use cases to enable data driven insights.
- Evaluate and define metrics, conduct exploratory analysis, and propose new roadmap directions for digital inspection
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Strong background in artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Strong coding skills and experience based on state-of-the-art machine learning, deep learning and knowledge-rule based systems.
- Hands-on experience with big data systems with TB to PB scale datasets.
- Passion for applying advanced methods, and innovating approaches at the intersection of machine learning, optimization, and computer science.
- Proven track record of formulating business problems into concrete mathematical framework and translating analytic results into actionable recommendations.
- Self-learner and has a thirst of continuing learning with a passion for work, attention to detail, and a can-do attitude.
- PhD or MS 7+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, AI algorithms, etc.
- Communicates effectively in Chinese and English.
- A proven fast learner, self-motivated, willing to take challenges.
- Willing to travel and interact with global customers; and internal and external partners.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.