The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will provide projects and commodity based strategic sourcing support for the Nexus Controls Product Line to meet both functional and business objectives.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cost out on assigned projects working with Sales / Commercial teams in proposal stage through material quotation and PO placement.
- Negotiate supply agreements to meet business and projects objectives with key suppliers as required.
- Support ITO (inquiry to order) with qualified supplier selection, competitive quoting and award justification.
- Maintain ITO tools such as supplier qualification matrix and network with technical experts for supplier qualification.
- Drive initiatives such as payment terms improvement, material cost out, sole source mitigation, lead time reduction and on-time delivery improvement.
- Provide sourcing support to New Product Introduction (NPI) programs to ensure timely supplier qualification, development, and production ramp up.
- Work closely with Global resources to develop and execute Emerging Market sourcing plans.
- Develop sourcing strategies for assigned commodities to improve supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, supplier lead time, and inventory.
- Support & Drive supplier base reduction / simplification strategies.
- Leverage and apply global best practices for material procurement and quality.
- Manage supplier relationships to drive improved supplier performance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years supply chain / materials / purchasing work experience
- Strong negotiation and contract writing/negotiating skills.
- Possess SAP or related MRP system experience
- Experience in negotiating and implementing software contracts
- Prior experience in electronics/electro-mechanical and software
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Demonstrated experience working in software-hardware solutions business
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills; analytical skills
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.