Skills: Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: attractive, local contract
Location: Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
Our client is based in Northern Italy. They offer multidisciplinary design and high-level consulting services to various clients, such as shipyards, Ship Owners and oil & Gas organizations.
Due to retirement, they will soon have a opening for a Lead Structural Engineer.
You will act as head of the structural department. This will mean guiding and coordinating the team and supporting projects with structural calculations, finite element analyses and various design activities in the shipbuilding and Oil&Gas fields. Various multidisciplinary consulting activities on projects might also be required.
From a technical point of view, the Lead Structural Engineer's responsibilities will include performing and managing complex analyses, developing design and documentation of various structures with emphasis on ships, yachts, Oil&Gas Offshore and Onshore.
You will also coordinater staff working for sub contracted comanies and participate in business development activities.
Your primary duties
- Management, coordination and mentoring of the Structural engineering team
- Project Management of complex activities
- Support to tendering and quotations preparation, with reference to the structural discipline
- When required, act as Company Structural Technical Authority to external parties
- Develop and/ or check structural and outfitting drawings
- Develop solutions, in support to the engineering team, to complex structural problems with focus to the overall budget, schedule and project constraints
- Check and/or produce reports of analysis
- Attend meetings with clients, other professionals and organizations in Company's representation
- Perform global and local FE analysis according to applicable Rules
- Structural engineering department annual appraisals, in support to the Technical Manager
This will be an office based role with some travel required.
- Master Degree in Structural Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ship Science or similar
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Broad Experience in structural analysis of ships and/ or other floating vessels
- Familiarity with design and analysis using various materials including but not limited to metals such as steel and aluminum
- Proficient with modelling and analysis of FEA software
- Comfortable performing in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making
- Ability to understand complex problems and to lead others to alternative solutions
- Excellent command of Italiand and English languages
- Excellent technical reporting skills
- CAD drawing experience
- Knowledge of TEKLA, SAP2000, Nastran/Patran, Maestro Marine will be an advantage
All candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.