Skills: Marine Surveying
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
A world-leading classification society, Bureau Veritas (BV) works to reduce risk, comply with regulations and improve ship performance. Our global network of experts is on hand 24/7 to support our clients to stay compliant, preserve their crew and assets and improve environmental performance. We evolve continually with the industry, developing new Rules and tools to support innovation and increased performance.
We are looking for a Surveyor to join our team in Miami FL area. Bring your classification society experience and skills to Bureau Veritas. You will be part of a highly qualified team and act as an expert in the Fleet Management Classification and Statutory Certification activities as defined in the Ships in Service Surveyor Certification Scheme.
- Carry out surveys and issue reports in compliance with specific procedures.
- Ensure that the work performed is in accordance with the rules, regulations, instructions and quality requirements of the organization.
- Assess the conditions necessary for carrying out surveys to the expected quality level, against own abilities, and the conditions on board.
- Ensure superior quality of services.
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting BV's services and acting as a technical specialist and resource.
- An MSc or BSc degree or equivalent in marine engineering or naval architecture.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Classification society experience.
- Thorough understanding of the shipping market and marine environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Physical ability to perform normal functions of the job.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.