Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for Software Engineer for their Aberdeen based client. A world leader in downhole tool technology.
The successful applicant will work within the company's core team of Software Engineers. Dealing with all aspects of software development. To design and implement various applications for the purposes of interfacing company equipment and processing information recovered from that equipment.
* Must have excellent software development skills. Good communication skills and the ability to implement ideas as part of a team.
* Must have experience in software architecture and in developing. Contributing to complex projects which will pull together multiple different systems.
* Will have a minimum of 5 years experience within a software development environment.
* Would benefit from experience of interfacing with hardware, embedded development and protocols.
* Will be involved in the whole software lifecycle. From capturing requirements, developing code, controlling equipment, analysing results, supporting users and the practical application of the results.
* Work as part of the software development team.
* Design solutions for acquiring data, controlling equipment, logging and analysing results.
* Provide support to users.
* Capture and document software requirements and procedures.
* Work at client sites (onshore and offshore) when necessary.
* Participate in technical reviews such as code reviews and document reviews.
Knowledge & Experience :
* Familiar with Windows development using Visual Studio .Net (C# and/or VB) and C/C++ programming languages.
* Technical background. BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or a related Engineering/Scientific discipline.
* Experience of Winforms applications.
* Awareness of Agile software development or equivalent.
* Strong knowledge and experience of software release processes.
* Ability to capture and document requirements.
* Experience in using source control systems such as Subversion/Git.
* Familiar with continuous integration/continuous delivery systems.
* Good understanding of interfacing techniques and communications protocols would be advantageous.
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND