Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Materials Coordinator for a 1 year position in Edmonton, AB.
This position provides operational support for the activities associated with the management of facilities and pipeline materials and equipment including incoming inspection as well as preservation activities and Oracle / Maximo support. Warehouse organization and material distribution to support the execution of the Liquids Pipelines materials requirements. Additionally, is responsible to maintain material coordination, inventory controls, traceability, materials receipts and disposition. Contributes to the achievement of project cost, schedule, quality and EH&S goals.
• Manage warehouse operations safely and efficiently.
• Oversee accurate inventory control using the Oracle / Maximo inventory control system.
• Maintain up-to-date records and documentation for materials, spares, and critical components.
• Safely operate materials handling equipment such as forklifts, telehandlers, and pallet jacks.
• Maintain all materials and spares in a "ready for use" condition at all times.
• Oversee orderly distribution of operating and construction materials.
• Identify and coordinate with the Asset Recovery team the disposition of surplus materials.
• Assist with managing warehouse operations budget and expense reports.
• Ensure contractors are ISNetworld certified prior to starting work.
• Conduct Contractor Safety Orientations as required.
• Comply with all mandatory safety training.
• Comply with Operations and Projects Safety Policies.
• Track all required safety and operational metrics.
• Available evenings and weekends to respond to emergency call-outs if required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, MML.
• Daily activities include safety awareness, warehouse management, accurate inventory control and review of inventories.
• Ensure that all materials and spares are kept in a "ready to use" condition.
• Ensure that a high level of customer service and communication with internal and external customers is maintained.
• Oversee the safe operation of all forklifts, overhead cranes, and hoisting and rigging activities during loading & unloading activities. Personally operate equipment in a safe manner.
• Work within a team environment and as a contributing member on cross functional teams.
• Responsible for the accurate management of warehouse costs.
• Ensure the warehouse is kept in a neat, presentable condition
Contacts (Working Relationships)
• Suppliers, Regional Operations Personnel, Technical Advisors and Supervisors, Pipe Line Maintenance Supervisors, External Customers, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Services, Technical Records, Capital Assets & Accounting.
• Contractors, Logistic providers and carriers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Related University degree from an accredited college in business administration, logistics, supply chain management or equivalent, or significant business knowledge acquired through a combination of formal education and experience.
• Two or more years of experience working in construction or manufacturing environment with focus on warehouse, inventory, planning, quality, procurement, or equivalent.
• Proven results in inventory control, planning, scheduling and execution of materials.
• Strong communication, analytical, organization, problem solving and teamwork skills, with a proven ability to work with diverse groups and individual personalities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced capabilities in Excel.
• Provide high level of internal and external customer service
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Possess a valid driver's license and forklift license
• Enrollment in a SCM related professional certification, such as PMAC or ISM, is considered an asset.
• Experience in a leadership position managing a small team
• Experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Offices located with a normal operating warehouse and yard.
• Normal conditions include the use of personal protective equipment which may consist of; steel toed boots, hard hats, gloves, safety glasses, coveralls, safety goggles and face shields where applicable.
• During adverse weather conditions [rain or snow], additional PPE is required during the loading and unloading of equipment and materials.
• Within regional operating locations, due to the potential exposure to hazardous environment associated with natural gas, FR clothing and personal gas monitors may be required while making deliveries or pickups in these locations.
• Travel to Suppliers and other locations as required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.