Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Graduate Electronics Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
- Design and development of low power electronic solutions for Remote Tecno Plugs. This could be ultra-low power analogue electronic, low noise amplifier filter systems, digital embedded microcontroller interfaces for pressure sensors, DC Motors interface, solenoid drivers, FRAM, SDRAM all primarily battery supplied.
- Testing and configuration of ELF (Extra Low Frequency) communication Printed Circuit Boards and embedded microcontroller control boards with multiple DC:DC converters, Solenoid drivers and DC Motor drivers.
- Testing and configuration of Operator Consoles, Electrical Interference Survey Equipment and Subsea through water acoustic telemetry Systems.
- Development of microcontroller embedded software (in C), for the control and operation of the Remote Tecno Plug.
- Specification and management of 3rd Parties for the supply of Graphical User Interface development, Subsea and topside control cables. Cables and connectors require to operate in Hazardous Oil and Gas Environments and must be specified suitable for this duty.
- Generation of Test Procedures for the verification and configuration of electronic sub-systems
- Development of custom project specific solutions, which could be camera system, ROV communication interfaces.
- Coordination of all technical documentation which may be required for the bid submission such as drawings and procedures
- Responsible for creating and managing project plan, budget, milestones
- Coordinate of all technical documentation required for the project including engineering drawings, test procedures, operational procedures and risk assessments
- Ensure drawings and associated documents are received in a timely manner from Engineering to meet delivery schedule
- Participate in design/operational reviews associated with deliverables.
- Ensure Purchase Requisitions are raised for all manufacturing and assembly components which are required
- Ensure drawings are issued to manufacturing department
- Work with the Remotes Workshop to ensure the Assembly and Test of equipment
- Write Test Procedures for Equipment Evaluation, also carry out the tests
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with company Integrated Management System when carrying out engineering tasks
- To comply with company and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported to the QHSE Manager
- Bsc/BEng (Hons) and/or MSc in Electronic and Electrical/Control System biased subjects
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge (preferred)
- An engineering background with topside/process/pipeline/subsea experience would be an advantage
- Good technical writing skills
- Driving license would be an advantage
- IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills