Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER (UPSTREAM/SUBSURFACE SOLUTIONS)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Senior System Engineer develops and manages Programs, Projects and Services related to the subsurface (geosciences, reservoir, drilling, production) solutions by identifying, analyzing, and evaluating business and IT requirements and contributes to Geoscience technology advancements, business continuity and IT asset lifecycle optimization.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Petroleum or equivalent • Minimum 9 years of progressive and directly related experience
Experience & Skills
• Manage full project life cycle of IT projects related to upstream domain. For example, implementing solution for real time data monitoring, analysis, and visualization, digital oil field, predictive analytics system, etc.
• Experience in coordinating IT support services, software installation, configuration, customization, solution enhancements and upgrades for upstream systems
• Establishment and management of contracts for the purchase, system implementation, maintenance, upgrade, support and associated services of the solution
• Manage resources and budgets, through correct planning to appropriately finalize projects and tasks
• Develop capacity management strategies and plans for long-term demands and short-term requirements for subsurface systems and applications
• Familiar with oil and gas upstream activities who is experience in handling relations with the geoscience, reservoir eng., drilling, production eng. and petroleum engineering
• Experience in managing and executing multiple high value subsurface and Technical IT projects and services for oil and gas organizations, through contracts and/or internal resources, on time and within budget.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa