Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Rig Maintenance Supervisor
Date Issued: March 2nd 2020
Start Date: March 13th 2020
Rig: Jack-Up; Regina Allen
The Mechanic Assistant is considered to be an entry level position within the Maintenance group but has the basic mechanical skill set required for the position. Support maintenance efforts which comply with regulatory and other relevant standards. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Provide assistance to the Mechanic or Sr. Mechanic with technical support for mechanical systems to ensure achievement of rig efficiency and client objectives. Provide specific focus on systems that will keep maintenance operations running effectively and avoid down time. Assist the Rig Maintenance Supervisor or Barge Engineer with effective maintenance procedures and ensure that the Maintenance System is effectively utilized.
- Diesel Mechanic Certificate is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of maintenance experience or formal mechanical training, prior experience as a Motorman preferred
- Good Computer Skills
- Offshore certificates considered an asset
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Good safety record from past operations
- Working knowledge of HSE practices common to the industry
- Familiar with application of the HSE Management System and continuous improvement
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Work as directed by senior maintenance staff to support the maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the rig.
- Ensure that incomplete repairs and projects are finished within their scheduled time of completion in order to keep a backlog of work to a minimum.
- Ensure that equipment failure is kept to a minimum and within contractual limits.
- Ensure replacement parts are kept to an optimum level.
- Maintain good two-way communication with crew members.
- Ensure planned maintenance is accurately completed.
- Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs accurately reflect the current status of equipment.
- Participate in company approved and recommended training as required both on and offshore.
- Regulatory compliance related to function.
- Assist team in maintenance of equipment as required.
- Ensure safe and efficient operations on equipment.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Nova Scotia will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Assistant Mechanic Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NS
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: