Company: Leap29
Skills: Geologist, Geotechnical Engineer, Marine Surveying
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Competitive
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Offshore Cable Expert/ Marine Seabed Expert
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Duration: One-year renewable

Leap29 are currently seeking an experienced Offshore Cable expert/ Marine Seabed expert for a one- year renewable contract based near Brussels, Belgium. The position is full time and the consultant will be based 80% of the time onsite with the remaining 20% being travel.


You will report to the cable Project Leader:
•You will manage the geographical data (seabed survey results, route engineering) in a GIS system,
•You will take responsibility and assist the team with:
•Route engineering including burial depth, routes assessment, seabed mobility,
•Sedimentology, morphodynamic processes and seabed - subsoil parameters,
•Geotechnical support for platform/foundation design,
•Review of tender documents with focus on marine and geological aspects,
•Draft technical specifications for:
•The seabed surveys incl. survey program, setup,
•Geological aspects of the cable and platform tenders,
•Review cable installation RAMS,
•Works you will be supporting and managing from the client side,
•Geophysical survey/ Geotechnical survey,
•UXO identification & removal.

•Master of Science geology or similar by experience.
•Familiar with GIS systems, AutoCAD,
•Familiar with geophysical and geotechnical surveys,
•Thorough and practical experience in offshore projects is required,
•Independent worker but also a team player;
•Can work fluently with Microsoft office;
•Knowledge of the different cable installation techniques (trenching, ploughing),
•Knowledge of the different platform installation techniques is a plus,
•Offshore certificates (GWO) are a plus.
•Proficient English skills, written and spoken, Dutch is a plus.

If you feel your skills match the above requirements, please use the link below to apply.

To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!