Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary:
An opening for a Statutory Analyst based in Malaysia. This position will work along with a group of professional in supporting various financial functions within Enterprise Financial organization.Essential Responsibilities:
- Deals with external auditors under general/minimal supervision.
- Mainly involved in managing the external audit for countries spread within the APAC, Middle East & Africa region.
- Key point of contact for communication/resolution of audit issues.
- Review of statutory financial statements and coordination of audit
requests by working closely with Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) functional
teams, Country Accounting Centre (CAC) Leads, tax, legal, company secretary, operations and other BHI internal teams wherever relevant.
- Active liaison with RAC and CAC statutory team to ensure completion of
all statutory filings within the region in a timely manner and within the stipulated statutory deadlines.
- Prepares the audit pack and draft the statutory financial statements that are in compliance to the local statutory requirements independently or minimal supervision.
- Analytical support, to analyse and prepare Audit Packs and Variance Analysis.
- To continually review processes and seek to communicate and implement
changes to improve efficiency, particularly by leveraging on audit issues and findings encountered during the financial year.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/ etc).
- Minimum 5 years working experience inexternal audit and in planning/ analysis filed.
- 3 - 4 Years' working experience in Big 4/medium size professional accounting firm will be added advantage.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Possesses good analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Able to multitask, independent, proactive and willingness to learn.
- Experience in Analysis, variance commentary and reporting.
- Experience in auditing oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical company would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in SAP and HFM will be added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application particularly Excel and Word.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.