Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kenedy, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as an Automation Technician in Kenedy, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Responsible for the day to day support, preventive maintenance, programming, calibration and development of automation equipment for field locations to include well sites, SWD's, compressor stations and tank batteries.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility and wellsite communication equipment and instruments, including frequent work with PLC, POC and VSD's.
• Coordinate maintenance activities with operations on a daily basis.
- Coordinate contractors when work needs arise. This includes overseeing work and processing invoices.
• Steward preventive maintenance schedule, inspections and supporting documentation for assigned area.
- Perform testing on all new and existing facility end devices for functionality, shutdowns, and alarm notifications.
- Frequent communication with the operation team, Scada/IT group, measurement and engineering.
- Position will be part of an on-call schedule, with 24/7 support when on-call.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years of automation experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- 3 years of PLC programming experience in oil and gas field operations is preferred
- Must have a good understanding of field radio communications and scada systems.
- Strong time-management skills, customer service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift more than 50 lbs. and climb ladders and stairways.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.