Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Contract Specialist - Projects & Wells, on a 6 month contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Manage the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy and Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio and collaborate with Internal (company) & External (Suppliers) and other Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal (both pre-award and post award).
- Develop commercially competitive project sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP and Project Standards as an overall 'guidance'.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets.
- Effectively manage contract claims and variations to achieve the best commercial outcome for the project team
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities
- Management of 'medium and high risk' contracts, including the periodical review of HSSE risks.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to company's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Support the Contract Managers/Holders in the ongoing delivery of contracts. Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders such as project managers, team leads, operations managers, engineering managers,
- Collaborate with other procurement professionals where needed, seek advice from subject matter experts such as tax, legal, insurance, risk, HSSE, Quality or other.
- Collaborate with and support the project services, finance, HSSE, Quality and other internal stakeholders to setup, manage, close and administer the contractual records and administration.
- Active part of the business teams on a day to day basis. Responsible to collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (Eg: HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well
- Organize and implement together with the business contract management activities (including business performance review, contract reviews, audits, or other.
- Support the delivery of company commitments under the contract.
- Part of a focussed team to deliver projects and wells procurement
- Ensure strong connect across the wider C&P Organization (Eg: Production, Wells, Projects, Operations, Materials Management, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team (where relevant).
- Provides support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Builds effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and C&P operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
Special Challenges (Complexity):
Realizing Value & Opportunity
- In order to achieve and sustain "most competitive supply chains", future value delivery will predominantly be derived from the Demand and Specification levers, which will require robust application of Supply Chain Transformational approaches combined with deeper collaboration with key suppliers in the Supply Chain.
- Implementation of robust C&P tactics/strategy and contract documentation to secure third party services and materials in compliance with business need, quality requirements and on best commercial terms that fully accounts for all market capacity/capability and risks/opportunities.
- Supporting the delivery of contracts awarded, which includes developing comprehensive post award contract management plans to enable value maximization for the organization.
- Supplier and contract management challenges; Ability to lead and drive value from Business Performance Reviews and other value initiatives.
Qualification & Delivery
- A degree level (Business/Engineering) and/or proven experience within C&P (Minimum 10 year of experience in the field).
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results, also in managing and delivering value from contracts post-award.
- Professional C&P Qualification (e.g. MCIPS, ISM) would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals and manage complex contractor relationships.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Is understood and is credible at all levels in the company
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Mix of operational experience and global/regional corporate roles, multiple Lines of Business
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a 'must have' in all C&P
- Collaborates and integrates within C&P and with business, enterprise first o Understands business and speaks business language
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience