Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator, is currently seeking a Automation Engineer to join their Prudhoe Bay, AK, team. This is an immediate opening. Competitive pay and benefits package, with a matching 401K.
The Automation Engineer will manage the design, install and oversight of instrumentation and control systems that sense, measure, and run operational processes within Client Tie-in Pad production / utilities and Offshore Drill Site.
- Performs preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on control systems, both in an office setting and field locations.
- Designs and specifies additional required hardware, instrumentation, and software required to support plant upgrades or new facilities.
- Ensures field devices, instrumentation systems, communication networks, data management and interfaces work properly.
- Daily planning, duties, PM scheduling and prioritizing tasks.
- Training, development and mentoring of the maintenance team.
- Budget control, parts inventory control and purchasing using SAP.
- Consults with vendors on the design and installation of new equipment.
- Experience planning, organizing, and coordinating work of technicians.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving in a timely manner to reduce downtime exposure caused by automation or controls equipment.
- Skill in measurement, analysis, and continuous improvement in engineering organizations.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and representatives of other organizations.
- Experience with the establishment and utilization of risk assessment systems. Management of capital and operating expense budgets
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Internal - All levels of Production Operations and Maintenance Staff
- External - TBD
- Valid Driver's License
- Preferred Bachelor of Science graduate from an accredited college or university in a discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering and/or Instrument Engineering
- Extensive recent Siemens PCS7 V8.1 highly preferred
- PSC7 fire and gas programming experience highly preferred
- Fire control panel experience highly required
- Familiar with BPCS, SIS systems and SIL rating
- 10+ years control system experience
- Familiar with and experience using MOC process
- International Society of Automation (ISA) certification is considered an asset
- Recent experience with Siemens Safety Systems highly preferred
- Familiar with Profibus DP, Profibus PA, and Modbus RTU for field bus networking
- Familiar with Ethernet networking, managed switches, and associated troubleshooting.
- Experience with Motor Control Centers, Smart Starters, Variable Frequency Drives
- Be familiar with State of Alaska codes as applicable to production facilities in the state of Alaska.
- Experience with the following control systems : Siemens PCS7, Siemens Microwin, Siemens Step7, Siemens WinCC, Siemens TIA Portal, Wonderware Historian
Health, Safety & Environmental Risk Category: High
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stand stationary and stand/move about.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to handle large items.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must frequently walk or climb stairs while carrying equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, fine discriminate detail, and depth perception.
Health Safety & Environment
All personal shall act responsibly and comply with all regulations and company HS&E policies. This includes not throwing anything into the water and reporting all spills, near misses, property damage and injuries. Personnel shall attend safety meetings and participate in platform emergency drills. Personnel shall also ensure they are properly trained to complete their work tasks safely.