Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
She/he will have the ability to apply play-based-exploration to understand basin architecture and proactively establish technical success criteria for basin and prospect evaluation. She/he will have the ability to work with different domain experts, work effectively with remote teams and drive fully integrated subsurface teams to operate effectively and deliver high quality results. With her/his holistic approach and balanced geological and geophysical knowledge she/he would be able to have significant technical and commercial impact internally and externally. Ability to steer and work in a research environment, validate new results, identify projects for testing and support technology deployment on a global scale. This position would require Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively promote her/his new ideas, impact our global community, clients and mentor technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in Schlumberger global exploration organization
- Ability to initiate, scope and define objectives for basin scale integrated evaluation project
- Ability to conduct quick basin screening, identify sweet spots and make recommendations for further activities
- Identify critical project needs and take corrective actions to achieve project goal on time
- Set technical objectives, quality expectations, and sub-surface success factors for each evaluation and imaging project
- Strong interpretation and processing knowledge to evaluate seismic data quality and work with geophysical experts to obtain the best image
- Capable of working on multiple projects and communicate the results effectively to management and clients
- Understand the interaction and overlap with other disciplines and integration into complex projects
- Well-rounded with knowledge of stratigraphic analysis, sedimentary petrology, structural geology, petrophysics, rock physics, basin modeling, well design, development planning.
- Good knowledge of non-seismic methods (EM, Gravity and magnetic, remote sensing, surface geochemical analysis, etc.)
- Establishes a good industry network internally and externally as well as local and global professional society and academia.
- Provides active mentoring to the technical community, exploration geoscientists and/or technicians.
- High level support for unconventional exploration (heavy oil, tight oil, shale oil and shale gas)
- Be visible as an exploration leader in the industry
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's Degree or higher Degree in Geology or Geophysics
- Minimum 10+ years of recognized industry experience in exploration and production
- Exploration experience in evaluating prospective basins, assessing prospectivity and drilling wells
- Deep understanding in hydrocarbon system analysis applied to the identification of economic exploration opportunities in different geological settings
- Contribution to exploration quality assurance and prospect challenges
- Leading multidisciplinary integrated teams and contribution to exploration opportunity risking and ranking
- Support and apply leading edge technologies in geology and geophysics
- Advanced knowledge in exploration risk and uncertainty assessments
- Participations in data rooms preparations, farm in opportunities, partner meetings and competitor's meetings
- Expert and active user of one or more interpretation systems - preferably Petrel
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.