Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary:
NPI Program Planners have key responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of a New Product Introduction (NPI) plan, both internal and external, are effectively planned to minimize business and on time delivery (OTD) risk. This is an important role within the Product Development organization and the wider Flexible Pipe Systems (FPS) business as the on-time completion of NPI is critical to sustaining and growing our market share across the globe.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role the successful candidate will be expected to liaise with all members of the program team, wider engineering teams, manufacturing, sourcing and external suppliers to ensure project plans are accurate and up to date. Reporting to the Product Development & Validation Leader roles & responsibilities shall include:
- Understanding of the Product Development process including tollgate definitions, associated design review definitions and the links between these within a given NPI program
- Development and ownership of NPI program schedules from initial creation to final completion including maintenance of S-curves, physical progress tables and detailed progress tracking.
- Review, advise and make recommendations relating to schedule and progress monitoring.
- Maintenance, update and monitoring of progress on program schedules, including production of internal and, if required, external reports.
- Preparation and issue of schedule impact assessments and impact assessment summaries as identified by the Functional or Program Managers.
- Support Program Manager during internal and external meetings to proactively drive schedule discussions & present material accordingly.
- Implement "early warning" identification of potential schedule issues and drive engagement from the technical teams to define options to recover/pivot program.
- Identifying and communicating 'risk' relating to all schedules produced.
- Assist Functional manager in forecasting resource requirements (personal and test rigs) to meet NPI plan requirements.
- Work closely with the FPS planning team to align with and follow requirements for project planning in the existing project planning system.
- Perform any other tasks or duties as directed by the Functional Leadership.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge (or a high school diploma / GED with experience in Project Management)
- High level of experience of P6 Project Planning software
- Experience in Project Planning preferably in a Technology/Product Development environment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.