Skills: Technical Manager, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client is looking for a Technical Planner to work a contract position based in Prince George, Calgary or Fort St.John.
- Assist/develop and revise Long Range Work Plans, Performing Work Lists, Planning Priority Lists and Work Schedules for the program planning to ensure we perform work that is properly planned and ready to execute.
- Accountable for activities associated with the screening, scheduling, estimating & sequencing of digs for the Transmission dig program. Facilitate the on-site work scoping and estimating for Dig Program work and ensure accuracy of the Work Package to ensure we perform work that is properly planned and ready to execute.
- Monitor and provide regular updates on the plan for dig issuance, cost estimates to stakeholders, and dig program owner
- Develops and sustains strong relationships with Pipeline Integrity, Lands, Community and Indiginous Engagement, Safety, Environment and Supply Chain Management.
- Consistently evaluate the Dig Program portfolio and plan, to optimize cost and evauluate the execution plan.
- Assists in the ongoing support of evaluating Program performance and efforts to improve cost competitiveness
- Gather, analyze, and report Metrics and KPI's on the dig Portfolio and other identified processes. Assists in the preparation of action plans, progress, and address metric shortfalls.
- Support programs & procedures to maintain portfolio consistency.
- Stakeholder management, preliminary determination of regulatory requirements, completion of front end engineering designs (for those Special digs that require engineering), cost estimates, schedules, and execution strategies.
- Assist in the development of realistic and reliable schedules and cost estimates, while appropriately defining the program risks, and appropriate mitigation measures.
- Applies extensive knowledge, experience, and expert resources, to ensure schedules and cost estimates are appropriate for the scope and risks.
- Supports an effective transition from the planning phase to the execution phase.
- Identification, forecasting and trouble shooting of substantial financial and schedule risks to the program
- Accountable to ensure that the Master Schedule is up to date and associated tracking programs
- Responsible for providing governance on dig selection, extensions, and scheduling through business case justification (based on capital cost or dig cost assessment), screening, and prioritization
- Provide regular formal and informal management reporting to Supervisor
- Assist department in value enhancing initiatives.
- Assist in transition of dig packages from planning to execution
- Coordinating /collaboration of internal and external stakeholders
- Assists in screening and planning a yearly dig program
- Professional Engineering, Technology designation or Journeyperson certification. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University (Grade 12 plus 4-5 years) in General Technical or Business degree or related field or by having the equivalent combination of education and work experience. Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic planning, project management, problem-solving, research and analytical skills to anticipate issues, analyze their impacts, and develop options and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues, and build positive relationships with cross functional areas. Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal and written form.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project or Program Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in any discipline related to multi-discipline Pipeline Integrity related programs for Oil and Gas
- Able to read and understand construction documents and Engineering Work Packages
- Strong computer background including experience with Microsoft Office, and scheduling software, is an asset.
- Experience with other construction planning and management software is an asset (MS projects, SAP, Maximo, 3D model viewers, document management systems, etc.).
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clear
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.