Skills: Sales, Chemical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
The Specialty Catalysts team is responsible for delivering sales in support of Shell Catalysts & Technologies ( SC&T) and Zeolyst International (ZI, a partly Shell owned JV catalyst company) specialty catalyst business in Asia.
The incumbent shall be responsible for managing key accounts in China (>80 accounts), identifying and securing new sales as well as maintain incumbency business, through developing differentiated value propositions for customers.
The incumbent shall support existing product line sales and lead new business development activities for hydrogenation and zeolitic application area, in target markets, by using technical & commercial expertise, to help meet business growth targets.
- Accountability for Specialty catalyst sales growth in China. Develop and implement sales plans to achieve Ni/Pd/Cu based catalyst/technology sales volume and profitability goals for the Specialty business
- Preparing commercial proposals and managing sales bidding process to secure sales, both for retaining existing customers as well as winning new ones. Negotiates T&Cs with customers.
- Develop and implement account plans and unit opportunity win plans for the integrated/targeted accounts. Develop and maintain long term, intimate customer relationship at all levels. Effectively manage customer concerns and ensure customer satisfaction with SC&T products and services.
- Identify cross applications/integrated opportunities: work closely with other SC&T catalyst businesses and licensing/services to develop integrated solutions (catalysts + technology/licensing + services, eg. Shell reactor internals) to enhance overall business profitability for SC&T and improve C2 value creation for customers;
- Ensure full compliance on SC&T global sales procedures and records management requirements. Manage sales pipeline and CRM/Salesforce database.
- Provide input for planning of longer terms sales and growth by giving quality direction, input and market feedback to product development programs and initiate marketing programs to maintain incumbency and be well positioned for winning new business.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
What we need from you:
- Have as a minimum a BSc degree in chemical Engineering (or equivalent), with 10+ years of experience in petrochemical industry with good knowledge in ethylene crackers, aromatics and solvents industry in general (hydrogenation background preferred).
- Proven record of successful customer engagement, in particular in China, leading sales, with ability to develop and execute strategic account plans
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build long term relationships, with experience interfacing with most senior C-suite stakeholders within customers' organizations.
- Ability to work with contracts, terms & conditions ensuring legal and intellectual property is adhered to.
- Negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be an effective team player.
- Be able to work independently and take ownership for assigned work.
- Able to effectively manage consultants and channels.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video