Roles and Responsibilities
As a Sr Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in Baker Hughes business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
- Develop analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
- Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
- Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
- Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
- Share and discuss findings with team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
- Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
- Demonstrated awareness of realtime analytics development and deployment
- Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in one or more sectors where Baker Hughes operates
- Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
- Demonstrated skill at function in a team setting
- Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.