Roles and Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in Baker Hughes business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
- Performs a variety of data loads & data transformations.
- Working knowledge of methods for parsing, formatting, & transforming data into units consistent with analytical needs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of logical/physical data models that support MDM best practices.
- Performs integration of multiple data source-formats into master data load.
- Proficient in the use of at least one ETL tool.
- Must have good communication skills - both oral and written
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 2 years of professional experience.
- Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc) experience
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
- Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Distills information down to key points.
- Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
- Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
- Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas.
- Deep passion for learning.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.