Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Be Proficient in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one. Proficient in multiple ETL /MDM tools.
- Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
- Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
- Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
- Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- Primary role in recent positions must be as a Lead Data Engineer or Senior Data Engineer
- Ability to leverage data assets to respond to complex questions that require timely answers
- Basic level knowledge in area of modeling expertise (e.g., data, physics, or domain driven). Aware of basic forms of modeling and how they apply to different types of data (e.g., text, voice, image, survival, time dependent, etc.)
- Conducts exploratory data analysis and generates visual summaries of data. Identifies data quality issues.
- Actively identifies needs for novel methods/tools and works with team to invent as necessary. Validates new tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) & the levers that support the business goals.
- Offers data solutions as a method to achieve bus objectives. Knowledgeable about pricing and cost drivers for Services model(s) of their business; aware of services models of other Baker Hughes businesses.
- Understands basic functionality and interoperability of product modules / components.
- Does a comparison analysis of trends, implements action towards new direction/trend.
- Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development.
- Works effectively with multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., UX, Baker Hughes Business teams) and understands the interconnections between them.
- Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict.
- Understands strengths and weaknesses of team members, and consistently leverage these to achieve goals.
- Creates a trusting and cooperative environment fostering creativity and knowledge sharing.
- Identifies multiple solutions & provides in depth scenario analyses.
- Identifies and explores alternative solutions. Effectively transitions the solution creation process into action. Identifies solutions that can be proven as both feasible and efficient for creating business value. Prioritizes effectively.
- Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
- Asks appropriate questions needed to translate an abstract problem into a quantifiable analysis for identifying solutions.
- Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
- Continuous leaner.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.