Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Ã˜ Position Summary
This position is responsible for worldwide regulatory/country type approvals and certification of licensed technologies, establishing, maintaining, and supporting customer relationships.
Provide frequent status reports and/or final certifications to clients as well as generating quotes and invoices. Work with 3rd party laboratories to maintain appropriate compliance for products.
Ã˜ Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Collect data for various testing projects and determine their requirements, materials, and equipment needs
- Plan, control, support and monitor all type approval test & certifications
- Work with Program Management and 3rd party laboratories to determine necessary compliance tests, test schedules, budgets, and deadlines
- Analyse product description/ Feature and detailed country list to specify regulatory requirements
- Plan, coordinate and monitor activities of assigned projects (time and material, variants of product, coordination internal/external support)
- Document preparation and recording of compliance testing
- Communicate regularly with assigned clients and provide process support to the team
- Send and track all samples worldwide
- Resource and estimate costs; negotiate prices with partners
- Maintain a global compliance requirements list and all associated specifications
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Stay updated with industry and technology trends as well as requirements locally and internationally
- Actively involved in industry associations
- Interface with customers regarding project schedule and status updates
- Assist sales with customers' requirements and project quotations, if necessary
- Provide support for technical and administrative aspects of various departmental projects, providing direction to other staff members as needed
- Participate in forecasting projects and sales activities
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Project Manager:
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve project management issues, providing direction to other lab personnel
- Assists in making final project management decisions
- Work with the business line team to develop and implement business development decisions
- Support project quotes in response to client request. The quote will define the scope of work and deliverables. Pricing will be set appropriately to win work and provide profit to BV
- Manage large projects guiding project managers and lab personnel to meet project goals
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Supervise subordinates
- Prepare and submit essential technical documents establishing certification eligibility to the appropriate certification organization
- Assist customers on technical requirements for testing and certification of mobile devices
- Negotiate prices with vendors to ensure cost control
- Provide recommendations/interpretations pertaining to compliance, test requests, and testing issues
Ã˜ Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Project Management and/or design or test experience in the wireless telecommunications industry
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a group setting, with colleagues and clients
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and Team work ethic
- Demonstrate team leadership
- Proficiency with Windows, Word & Excel and other project management software applications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to oversee large projects involving multiple staff members and cross functional groups
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- PTCRB, CTIA and GCF certification process and testing requirements (including OTA antenna testing)
- 3GPP Technical and test specifications
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA/CDMA/CDMA2000/EVDO/LTE/LTE-A technologies
- Carrier certification process and requirements
Ã˜ Experience and Educational Background Required:
Senior Project Manager:
- 4 year degree in a business/engineering/computer science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience with 7+ years relevant experience; or
- 2 year degree in business/engineering/computer science or related discipline and 10+ years relevant experience
- 5 years related supervisory experience of a Project Management team
- CQE Preferred
- Experience in wireless infrastructure vendors, chipset vendors, manufacturers and wireless network operators
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.