Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
Position Overview : Responsible for performing various machining operations, including various types of set-up and operation of a variety of machines such as lathes, mills, precision grinders, etc. to perform diversified machining operations in accordance with engineering drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to : Maintenance Shop Supervisor
Directs Reports : None
Major duties :
- Certified Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programmer with full ability to optimize CNC programs for production; or Master manual machinist
- Works independently with minimal supervision to evaluate experimental and/or new procedures and recommend changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
- Determines tolerance requirements for machining operations for specified projects and creates detailed setup sheets
- Establishes model procedures for other Machinists to adopt for repetitive operations to ensure standardized product.
- Mentors less experienced Machinists to answer questions and resolve problems
- Uses a variety of precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill presses, hydraulic presses, chop saws, band saws and hand tools to repair or customize field operations equipment according to specifications provided in drawings, blueprints, or verbal directions
- Improves job knowledge by reading current technical publications
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Maintains a record of the daily cleaning and preventive maintenance of machinery; inspects work area to insure clean, safe work environment
- Complies with all company policies and safety regulations at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years' experience in machine shop environment
- Demonstrated ability with various machine tools
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen
- Extensive mechanical aptitude, adaptable to new equipment and processes as well as mastery of established, traditional methodologies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assist coworkers
- Regular punctual attendance as scheduled
- Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions, safety documents, procedural manuals and engineering drawings
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Must have strong work ethic
- High school diploma (or successful completion of equivalency)
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- LEAN manufacturing experience
Physical Requirements :
- Regularly required to stand, walk;
- Use hands to finger, grasp or feel objects
- Reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk; hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (Proper lifting techniques required.)
Typical working conditions and hazards :
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H 2 S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment