Experience: 2 + Years
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the client regarding which processing parameters to apply, often advising the client on the wisest choice. High level of client interfacing skills is required
- Processes data utilizing the appropriate technology and software
- Ensure that processed data is delivered to the client on schedule
- Define, build and submit test jobs, interpret test results, provide recommendations on parameters and recommend further testing if required
- Validate the accuracy and efficiency of all testing and production job sequences
- Keep abreast of developments within seismic data processing and communication/data transfer techniques
- Investigate and report on problems encountered during the course of seismic data processing.
- Mentoring junior staff
- To assist the Project Leader with daily project and personnel management, including but not limited to:
- Velocity picking and QC
- Organization and delegation of work
- Timely forecasting of resource requirements and reporting of project status via EPM
- Project archiving
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc or PhD in Geophysics
- Minimum 2+ years' experience as a geophysicist with seismic land processing data background. Candidates with Omega software, full waveform inversion experience will be an advantage
- Candidates with good communication skills, commitment to success through teamwork while achieving personal targets and objectives preferred
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.