Innovative scientific instrumentation designer and manufacturer requires a Mechanical Design Engineer with natural enthusiasm and the commitment and desire to be responsible for products from conception to production.
Reporting to the Director of Research & Technology and working within a dedicated and enthusiastic team, the role will be directly involved in both the design of new electro-mechanical instrumentation and the development of existing instruments. Involvement will be from conception to final hand-over to the manufacturing area with project ownership throughout the process. The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of the business and in particular the research, production and drawing office teams.
Key accountabilities and deliverables will include;
- Simple, effective, innovative designs for manufacture
- Direct involvement in project ownership, design, development and introduction of new instruments
- Development of design specifications, project briefs and project plans suitable for presentation to the management team.
To be considered you will need;
- Relevant Degree (2:1 and above), Masters or PhD
- Chartered (CEng) status
- Creative (hand sketch) and Solidworks skills (or similar)
- First class communication skills with demonstrable ability to liaise with suppliers to ensure designs are cost effective and can be manufactured
- Familiarity with; Tolerance stack analysis; Heat capacity, thermal expansion, mass, volume, density, temperature, pressure, rapid prototyping
- Experience working in a highly regulated engineering environment with a knowledge of current UK and EU design regulations such as CE.
We are looking for engineers who are decisive, driven, motivated, able to listen to feedback. This key role provides the opportunity to make a significant impact in an ambitious, unique company. If you'd like to hear more please get in touch.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.