Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary/ Purpose
The machinist will be required to carry out machining of company
equipment to a high standard, adhering to all HSE policies and in a timely
- Read and understand engineering drawings & specifications, including GD&TEnsure the set up and operating of equipment, tooling and fixtures is appropriate.
- Responsible for moving, loading/unloading, transporting, storing, stacking, recording materials, tooling, fixtures, consumables as required.Inspecting incoming materials, tooling, consumables to ensure complying to Baker Hughes standards.
- Adhere to Company Safety and Environmental policies.
- Adhere to site work instructions.
- Time served with HNC/C&G or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent).
- Ability to operate various Machine Tools competently.
- Able to produce programs by hand.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Can work using own initiative.
- Experience working with the Siemans 840 D control would be an advantageLogical, rational thinker with the ability to analyse problems and solve.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Strong computer skills are an advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Positive attitude to new ideas
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.