Skills: Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Reports to: Crane Operator / Deck Foremen
Operate cranes in support of drilling operations. Direct Roustabouts as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Assist in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Rig Manager or designated representative during drilling, work over and completion operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified as a Crane Operator
- Experienced in supervision of Roustabout crews
- Experienced in offshore drilling operations
- Six months of experience as a Roustabout or comparable experience
- Stage/Level 2 Crane Certificate
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Supervise 3 or more workers during the performance of their duties.
- Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of the paint locker.
- Supervise housekeeping operations when cranes are not in use.
- Direct Roustabouts as necessary to support on-going rig operations.
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Rig Manager or designated representative during drilling, work over and completion operations.
- Ensure all operations are proceeding in a safe manner, and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible person of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist.
- Attend and participate in pre-tour, post tour, special operations and weekly safety meetings.
- Assists in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats.
- Ensure that all bulk material hoses are extended and purged with boat's air system prior to use.
- Knowledgeable in all crane and rigging safety instructions and regulations.
- Be knowledgeable on operational limits of cranes and associated lifting equipment.
- Maintain adequate fuel supply at all times.
- Ensures correct hand signals used for crane operations.
- Records all heavy lifts and lifts contrary to manifest in the crane report.
- Responsible for rigging and moving of equipment and materials.
- Other Duties as Required
Maintenance and Repair
- Responsible for maintaining the exterior of the hull, main deck, substructure and heliport.
- Inspect the cranes daily and lubricate as required by the maintenance manual and applicable code requirements, American Petroleum Institute (API), ABS and DNV.
- Ensure cranes are kept clean.
- Must know how to inspect the crane's systems and equipment and associated rigging equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of the company paint specifications and procedures.
- Complete daily and weekly crane reports in a timely fashion and notify supervisor of any defects.
- Inspect, maintain and keep a complete and up-to-date inventory of all slings, chains, ropes, shackles, and other hoisting equipment.
- Maintain records on all maintenance and work done on the cranes.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Assistant Crane Operator - NS Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: