Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Job Title: Second Officer
Reports To: Chief Officer
Date Issued: March 23rd 2020
Start Date: May 6th 2020
Length: 4 weeks
Job Type: Temporary
Our Client is looking for a Second Officer to travel on May 6th for four (4) weeks.
The Second Officer is responsible to the Chief Officer and will assist the Chief Officer with all aspects of the operation of the vessel in accordance with international law and the law of the flag state. They will aid the Chief Officer and Captain with the responsibility for the safety and security of the ship and all personnel onboard.
What You'll Do
As a key member of our Client's team, you will:
- Contribute to a positive HSEQ culture on board the vessel.
- Act as DP Operator
- Act as Junior Officer of the Bridge Watch
- Act as Officer of Deck Watch during the ship's stay in Port
- Assist the Chief Officer with the maintenance of Life Saving and Fire Fighting Equipment
- Assist the First Officer with maintenance of navigating equipment's, charts etc.
- Assist Senior Officer of the Bridge Watch in navigation/look out when ship is off DP.
- Assist the Project Team as requested and approved by the Senior Officer of the Watch, and in compliance with the Master/Chief Officer's instructions.
- Assist Chief Officer in providing support to the Master in conducting "Shipboard Management Review" in accordance with the ISM Code.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Transport Canada Watchkeeping Mate Unlimited
- Security Awareness with designated duties
- Marine Basic First Aid
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting
- Seafarer's Medical
- Seafarers Book
- Valid Passport
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Second Officer Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: