Skills: Business Development, Mechanical Engineering, Piping Technician
Other Skills: Sales management, Business Development, Technical Sales, Mechanical Engineering, Strategic Account Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary including Benefits
Location: Poole, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live".
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today.
With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe
Heatric is the market leader in providing Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers (PCHEs) and for over 30 years we have designed, manufactured and provided dedicated lifecycle support to a global customer base in the Offshore, Onshore, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Our Headquarters is in Poole Dorset where the majority of our 150+ employees are based. We have a second facility in Birmingham which conducts our chemical etching process. In addition to our UK sites we have sales offices in Brazil, Houston, Singapore and Korea.
Heatric are proud to be part of the Meggitt Group which is a global engineering company specialising in energy, aerospace and defence employing over 12000 people across UK/Europe, North America and Asia.
The Territory Sales Manager provides significant sales expertise to lead regional sales programs and marketing initiatives within a defined geographic area or country. Ensures profitable growth in sales revenues through planning and deployment. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long-term sales and company growth.
- Provides significant sales expertise to lead regional sales programs and marketing initiatives
- Ensures profitable growth in sales revenues through planning and deployment
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve and company growth
- Forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue for sales team and develops plans to ensure revenue growth for all products
- Informs customers of new product/service introductions and prices
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
- Secure OI for the region (OE and Services) across 1-3yr horizon
- Manage and develop Customer Relationships including specified Key Accounts
- Develop and execute key opportunity campaign plans/regional plans- Growth in OI aligned with budget and business strategy
- Continued improvement strategy and Implementation for Salesforce and wider
- Growing levels of competition and increasing environmental sensitivities in our markets
- Developing a cultural fit and gaining buy-in and trust with current Sales, Service Team and Engineering
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Degree level education, Bachelors or Masters, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 year experience in a technical sales position (Preferably Oil & Gas, Marine or Power generation)
- Thorough understanding and expertise in sales management
- Proven consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions
- Strong leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems and to analyse possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
- Strategic implementation delivering results and priorities to the business
- Excellent relationships with customers and suppliers; able to deal with conflict and challenge
- Cultural savvy and able to manage difference, able to quickly establish self within the team
- Promotes and drives improvements across the business with buy-in
- Demonstrates high HPC (High Performance Culture) behaviours
- Sustained energy to drive OI and see the big picture
- Robust and calm under pressure and challenges; focused on winning orders and win-win outcomes
- Knowledge or understanding of heat exchangers & pressure vessels
- Preferable current working knowledge of oil and gas industries, enabling you to achieve order intake targets at margins which promote business growth
- Strong Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Complex consultative selling in KAM, distinguishing and accessing key decision makers
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.