Skills: Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Other Skills: Mechanical Design, Catia V5, 3D Modelling
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary including Benefits
Location: Poole, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live".
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today.
With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe
Heatric is the market leader in providing Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers (PCHEs) and for over 30 years we have designed, manufactured and provided dedicated lifecycle support to a global customer base in the Offshore, Onshore, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Our Headquarters is in Poole Dorset where the majority of our 150+ employees are based. We have a second facility in Birmingham which conducts our chemical etching process. In addition to our UK sites we have sales offices in Brazil, Houston, Singapore and Korea.
Heatric are proud to be part of the Meggitt Group which is a global engineering company specialising in energy, aerospace and defence employing over 12000 people across UK/Europe, North America and Asia.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer to join our engineering team, ideally with a proven background in the Oil and gas, Marine, Energy or Aerospace markets.
Can provide knowledge and experience on complex mechanical engineering issues and creates solutions to a wide range of complex technical issues in a timely manner.
You'll carry out a variety of Mechanical engineering assignments and tasks to deliver the related engineering information to the agreed schedule, quality and cost constraints.
Working closely with all associated functions to ensure final engineering deliverable meets project, customer and business requirements. Is able and equipped to continuously seek opportunities for overall Product & business improvement.
- Create project/job pack documentation for engineering handover to projects. Provide documentation as required to support bid activity. This is a combination of deliverables which can include FEA Analysis.
- Support complex mechanical engineering assignments throughout the project lifecycle and provide technical support for new projects, evaluating requirements and implications.
- Works to meet appropriate level of engineering standards whilst ensuring compliance with customer specifications and governing code requirements.
- Incorporates Design for Manufacturing and assembly in all our designs; performs value analysis during the product design phase whilst driving down product costs, uses best practice and professional knowledge to reduce cost and improve mechanical design and development processes.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to provide engineering support and builds relationships to ensure customer / key Stakeholder satisfaction.
- Use lean tools (Meggitt MPS toolset) in day to day activities, "Hands-on" approach to trouble-shooting; proactively drives any resulting continuous improvement actions.
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
3-5Years of experience in mechanical engineering, analysing complex mechanical assemblies and specifications.
- Good working knowledge of designing pressure equipment and a good understanding of range of manufacturing processes including fabrication.
- Strong understanding of materials selection and effects of temperature on material properties (especially super-alloys such as Inconel).
- Extensive background in working in a controlled environment, process driven and identifying improvements to processes according to the business needs.
- Proven working knowledge of 3D modelling and FEA tools (ideally CATIA and ANSYS).
- Good understanding of Welding methods and weld design for pressure vessels and structures, including knowledge of FEA (linear and non-linear structures) & FEA (thermal/static structural, optimisation, transient and buckling)
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers, previous experience using Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tools would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills delivering outstanding customer service
- Ability to ensure high level of service and quality is maintained through prioritising workloads, including research of analytical data and strong decision making skills
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.