Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Schiedam, South Holland, Netherlands
Duration: 12-month renewable contract
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Job Skills and responsibilities;
Some aspects of the role include:
• Generating concept, basic and detail design for equipment and machinery
• Advise on technical matters in other projects
• Participate in a small project team and coordinate activities with other Engineer
• Responsible for generating concept, basic and detail design for varies equipment and machinery such as pile grippers, pile guiding & upending tools, pipe lay stingers, roller boxes, tensioners, sheave blocks & winches, cable storage baskets, reels and carousels, lifting gear, cable chutes and conveyor systems for renowned cable lay, pipe lay and installation contractors;
• Sizing and selecting the necessary components (bearings, seals, shafts, wheels, gearboxes, electric and hydraulic motors, hydraulic cylinders etc.) and perform the necessary strength and fatigue analyses and studies with accompanying reports as well as writing specifications.
Training and Experience;
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Structural Mechanical Engineering
• Over 8 years of experience as Structural Mechanical Engineer, preferably within the offshore wind and/or oil & gas industry.
• Experienced with: FE programs
• Experience with Designer machinery in an offshore/maritime environment
• Coaching and leading experience
• Knowledge of International rules and standards
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading worldwide company. If you have the relevant experience please apply using the links provided.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!