Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ORACLE ANALYST II
Supports the system maintenance and enhancements of Oracle Applications Manufacturing (Major module list INV, BOM, WIP, PO, WSH, CST, WMS, QA, VCP, Demantra, EB-Tax & WF).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as an advanced applications system analyst for Oracle ERP system
- Functions as project manager for major Oracle ERP projects, with minimal supervision from more experienced project managers and managers
- Gathers business requirements for any module rollout
- Discusses best practices with management and maintains global standards for implementations
- Works closely with the rest of IT team and is proactive in identifying Oracle improvements for current or future projects
- Devises innovative work-around solutions or new processes
- Able to load data utilizing Oracle tools or other 3rd party software
- Plans, schedules and conducts training courses for end users of Oracle Applications, and develops training materials for end users
- Analyzes program changes and participates in technical troubleshooting
- Develops reports, end user layer tables, adds/modifies fields, develops and implements customizations
- Provides Help Desk support directly to end users to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Works directly with Oracle Corporation as necessary to resolve issues with Oracle ERP system
- May require travel on a special needs basis
- Participates in the Company's 24x7 support service commitment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required; degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Must have 3 to 4 years of experience as a supporter and implementer of Oracle Applications.
- A strong background in Financials/Accounting, HRMS or Manufacturing Operations as area of functional expertise required
- Must have an excellent knowledge of Manufacturing and an understanding of Oracle Financials & HRMS
- Thorough understanding of workflow and module tables
- Experienced in testing modules and developing test scripts
- Able to communicate effectively to end users and Oracle technical staff
- Proficient with utilizing Web ADI and Discoverer/Polaris reporting tool
- Excellent knowledge of setups, API's, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms & XML
- Understands the technical side of modules and the functional requirements
- Excellent time, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent personal interaction skills required to work with a variety of people
- Good working knowledge of project management techniques and processes
- Ability to work as team member and independently with minimal supervision
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short and lengthy correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple and complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to carry out routine and non-routine duties with limited or no supervision, including situations with multiple variables and/or detailed instructions (verbal or written). Ability to follow rigid operating procedures and frameworks under ideal conditions, but adapt to critical problem solving when conditions require troubleshooting or deviation from procedure.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include those required to view and use computer screens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is typically performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles in other work areas.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.