Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Quito, Ecuador
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Ecuador
The Artificial Lift Solutions - Field Specialist is responsible for ESP and VSD installation, troubleshooting, and customer service in the field.
The ALS field specialist continues to gain experience, knowledge and skills in ESP and VSD technology. Following the Fixed Step training and development program the field specialist is promoted to higher grade levels by acquiring greater levels of proficiency in all artificial lift technologies.
Activities associated with this position evolve:
• Extensive field work installing, commissioning and troubleshooting ESP and VSD installations.
• Performing follow-up checks on installations to ensure unit is operating within acceptable limits, is properly protected by fine tuning motor controller alarm parameters and is fully optimized (production, voltage) for best performance
• Liaison with sales organization in job preparation and planning
• Collecting pull observations, production data, and event history on pulled equipment for use in failure analysis
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Establish direct communication with the customer in the field and through follow-ups to promote good customer relations
• Maintains proper tooling in a well-organized, neat, tidy and operating condition
• Order tools and materials necessary to ESP and VSD installation
• Reporting and business systems.
• Maintains full compliance with all Schlumberger and Product Line specific QHSE policies
• Remains current on minimum job related QHSE training
• Maintains full compliance with electrical certifications
• Supports continuous improvement efforts, in line with corporate goals
• Promotes teamwork, Schlumberger values and culture
• Drive for own training and career development
• Mentors less experienced specialists
• Shares knowledge and experience with peers
• Elaborate field reports and all documents related to invoicing process.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Minimal 3 years field ESP and VSD installation experienced.
• Minimal 3 years technical degree in all Oil field areas related.
• Electrically and Mechanically inclined, neat, tidy and well organized
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.