Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Motorhand provides manual labor to operate tongs and other wrenches for making up or breaking out joints of pipe, set and pull slips, stab pipe and perform other tasks necessary to drill a well. Assists the Driller in the operation of the drill floor including drawworks, mud circulating system, rotary system handling tools and BOP equipment. In addition they does routine preventive maintenance, minor repairs, and operates specialized equipment.
Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities.
The Motorhand reports directly to the Driller and functionally to the Rig Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Participate in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of his crew
· Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
· Maintains all equipment in good and safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation
· Participate as part of the Well control team during shut-in procedures
· Perform daily routine checks on equipment as per equipment checklist
· Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members
· Keeps drill floor and tools clean and organized
· Operates air hoist, pipe spinner, or iron roughneck when applicable
· Performs preventive and planned maintenance on drilling equipment
· Assists in repair of drilling equipment
· Performs other duties as assigned by Driller or Derrickhand such as mixing mud, assist in slipping and cutting of drilling line, preparing casing, etc.
· Assist and replace Derrickhand and Roustabout accordingly
· Assists in specialized tasks such as rigging up, nippling up, running casing or other tasks as directed by the driller
· Prepare for and trip pipe
· Recognize basic warning signs of kick
Previous Experience and Competencies:
· Has accumulated at least 1 year experience in rig operations onshore and/or offshore as Roustabout / Floorhand
· Should have experience as a Floorhand for at least 6 months
· Has the Knowledge, Skills and Ability for the position of Floorhand
· Has completed formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the training matrixes for the position
· Has obtained certifications as required for duties assigned
· Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
· Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
· Is a relentless and versatile learner
· Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
· Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
· Is personally committed to continuous improvement
· Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.