Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Assist Rig crew and Maintenance crew in the preparation of drilling operations, maintenance operations and Rig move preparation. Operate and maintain wheel-loader or forklift. Service quality, job preparation and safety are key priorities.
The Equipment operator report directly to the Rig Manager of yard/base Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meeting with all members of the Rig crew.
· Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
· Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the Training Matrixes for the position.
· Obtains certifications as required for duties assigned.
· Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
· Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
· Makes up part of emergency crews performing duties as required by station bill or as otherwise directed.
· Performs manual labor around the rig.
· Assist in handling of all Rig equipment.
· Relieve Floorhands on drill floor.
· Assist the Driller and the Derrickhand in preparation of drilling equipment.
· Keep Rig location, tubular and other tools clean and organized.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Driller and Derrickhand.
· Carries out regular housekeeping and painting, and routine maintenance of drill floor substructure, mud tanks and drilling equipment.
· Assist Derrickhand to mix drilling fluids and chemicals.
· Prepare for Rig up and Rig down of equipment.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
· Has the physical fitness and willingness to do physically challenging activities in potentially harsh environments.
· Is a certified Forklift driver based on the Competency Catalog and local regulations.
· Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
· Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
· Is a relentless and versatile learner.
· Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish.
· Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
· Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.