Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Brazil
Undertake cargo work, maintenance and general labor duties. Assist Derrickhand and Drill Floor crew to prepare equipment or drilling operation. The Roustabout is primarily responsible for general maintenance and housekeeping around the rig site. Other duties include assisting the rig floor with general task such as loading and unloading trucks, building fences/perimeter protection, and may be required to fill on the rig floor at times.
Service quality, job preparation and safety (both personal and fellow crew members) are key priorities.
The Roustabout reports directly to the Driller and to the Derrickhand.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Always fully compliant with the requirements of QHSE policies, standards, including completion of formal training QHSE and Technical sessions as per Training Matrix.
· Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
· Maintains all equipment in good and safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
· Participates in Meetings, Teams and Procedures such as:
o Pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of the Drilling crew.
o Emergency crews performing duties as required by station bill or as otherwise directed.
o Well control team during shut-in procedures
· Assistance to the Crew members including but not limited to:
o Driller and the Derrickhand in preparation of drilling equipment.
o Derrickhand to mix drilling fluids and chemicals.
o Crane and Forklift operator in off-loading and loading all drilling materials and supplies.
o Relieve Floorhands on drill floor.
· Carries out regular housekeeping, Routine maintenance as per Standards and reports any problem or deviation on Equipment/Areas such as:
o Drill floor substructure and mud tanks (including painting if needed)
o Drilling equipment
o Rig location, tubular and other tools clean and organized.
· Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons; 12 hours a day, for extended periods. Performs manual labor around the rig.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Driller and Derrickhand.
· Knowledge of MSDS, Handling on Hazardous materials and safely rack Tubulars
Previous Experience and Competencies:
· Has the physical fitness, stamina and willingness to do physically challenging activities in potentially harsh environments and work long hours.
· Must be able to work at heights.
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
· Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
Competencies to be kept current:
Has the physical fitness required for hard outdoor work. Must satisfactorily complete company's certification requirements.
· Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
· Is a relentless and versatile learner.
· Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish.
· Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
· Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.