Skills: Fire Protection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Fire Safety Consultant
Location: Home based (North East) with travel
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
As a Fire Safety Consultant for Bureau Veritas, you would be responsible for the management and delivery of fire risk assessments and reviews across a portfolio of high-profile corporate organisations
Operating with a high degree of autonomy, this is your opportunity to show your expertise and deliver consultancy services that will help to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Responsibilities will include:
- Fire risk assessments and reviews
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis.
- Arrange and carry out all work to meet with agreed Company & client timescales.
- Be responsible for managing small contracts/projects within division as directed by the area manager.
- Liaise with project managers and account managers in relation to work under their control.
- Present and discuss reports with the client as necessary.
- Deploy in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Working closely with the centralised planning team to ensure work is being effectively scheduled and carried out.
- To contribute to responses to requests for client work and proposals
Candidate requirements include:
- Grad IFE qualified
- NEBOSH general certificate (preferred)
- Proven technical knowledge and understanding
- Comfortable operating independently on behalf of Bureau Veritas within an external environment
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skill
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer eight years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.