Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hamburg, Germany
If you're a Finance Professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of the Downstream business in one of the world's largest corporations.
Where you fit?
Trading and Supply (T&S) is the central nervous system for Shell, linking its businesses together by making sure the right products are delivered at the right time to the right market for our customers - whether those customers are Shell businesses or third parties. In Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH) T&S completes the supply chain with seven Shell terminals and a network of road transport routes in addition to rail and barge transports. Within the Finance in the Business organisation this role as Finance Advisor is closely linked to the T&S business.
What's the role?
As Finance Advisor, you will deliver the full range of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of Specialists above pre-agreed thresholds. Your end to end understanding of the DACH Fuels Supply Chain (IPU) with its total complexity from Manufacturing via Trading and Supply (T&S) to Retail is key to success in the role.
In this role, you will collaborate with business teams to evaluate the various products supply options and opportunities along with modelling the associated value where applicable. You will also be accountable for all finance aspects of transactions (CFO of the deal) and initiatives that range from the setup of new trading products, new ventures, investments decisions requiring the FA to take accountability for end-to-end finance oversight and ensure investment rigour.
Your knowledge on price-risk-management and our underlying processes will be critical in ensuring the positions in the books are accurate, the drivers of the P/L are fully understood and reconcile back to the underlying system of record.
Furthermore, you are expected to bring new proposals of high value activities and actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activities
One of today's biggest challenges is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy in all aspects of everyday life. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions.
In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas and power as well as an expanding new energies business.
What we need from you?
We're keen to hear from individuals who have a bachelor's or master's degree preferably in Finance any related degree. Beyond that, we'd want to hear from individuals who have the following:
- Proven track record of strong business partnering.
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences and experience in Trading or Supply related businesses. Experience in Energy Transition and/or Digitalisation is highly beneficial for this role.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties while building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor. This is required for commercial decision-making process and risk management in bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Project management knowledge and flexibility in supporting across multiple activities and assets.
- Skills in Price Risk management (including hedging techniques and related accounting, hedging systems) and Hydrocarbon Management (including experience in Fifo, CCS and M2M along with trading risk management tools (VAR)).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video