Skills: Operations Management, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
DIRECTOR, US OPERATIONS
The Director of U.S. Operations is responsible for the leadership, management and profitability of tracing and logging operations in the U.S. This position ensures that the region has proper management and oversight of all district operations, location personnel, and safety programs. The Director is responsible for effective day-to-day operational activities in the region through management of the Manager U.S. Operations. Serves at the division's Radiation Safety Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are carried out under the direct supervision of the Division President. They are as follows:
- Responsible for strategic planning and performance of tracing and logging operations in the US, including preparation and management of the annual operations budget.
- Responsible for the profitability of US operations including the timely preparation, completion, and submission of financial reports required by the company (e.g. "flash" reports). Profitability is defined by the successful achievement of agreed upon financial targets. Analyzes district budget requests to identify areas in which improvements can be made.
- Serves as the division's RSO (Radiation Safety Officer), ensuring that all company and HS&E requirements are set and monitored in order to make sure that ProTechnics is compliant with company, state and Federal guidelines.
- Creates, improves, and manages programs to ensure a safe work environment and a culture of safety throughout the districts.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of services provided. Ensures that operations management maintains all required quality control documentation within the districts and that they are available for audit at all times.
- Directs activities of the U.S. Operations Manager, to include execution of operational plans, performance management/coaching of district personnel, and alignment with division goals/targets. Creates Objectives and Key Results where needed.
- Ensures that operations management effectively manages their employees, ensuring compliance with acceptable safety requirements, work habits, company policies, and compliance with operations standards and policies.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management of the Manager US Operations. Manager Fluid Diagnostics, Sr. Technical Trainer, and the QA/Training Supervisors, including performance management, hiring, coaching, development, directing, prioritization, and communication of vision, goals and plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A college degree in a petroleum or petrochemical related field preferred; minimum of 10 years of industry-related experience, including progressive management responsibilities, is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required in interfacing with multiple levels within the company, as well as with clients. Relies on extensive industry experience and independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, as well as with high-level clients. Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as product specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence and to create customer presentations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization. Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may infrequently be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work typically takes place in a normal office working environment.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.