Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, HSE Manager / Advisor, Maintenance Manager
Other Skills: Electrical Maintenance, HSE, Total Productive Maintenance, HMI Controls, PLC, Manufacturing, Management, facilities
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary including Benefits
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live".
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today.
With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe
Heatric is the market leader in providing Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers (PCHEs) and for over 30 years we have designed, manufactured and provided dedicated lifecycle support to a global customer base in the Offshore, Onshore, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Our Headquarters is in Poole Dorset where the majority of our 150+ employees are based. We have a second facility in Birmingham which conducts our chemical etching process. In addition to our UK sites we have sales offices in Brazil, Houston, Singapore and Korea.
Heatric are proud to be part of the Meggitt Group which is a global engineering company specialising in energy, aerospace and defence employing over 12000 people across UK/Europe, North America and Asia.
The Maintenance & Facilities Manager will manage a team of maintenance technicians and coordinate their daily activities. Prioritises all planned maintenance and plant breakdowns. Ensuring the effective preservation of manufacturing related equipment and Effluent treatment plant (ETP) through on-going inspections/improvements and maintenance. Ensure maintenance of all facilities within Heatric HLD are planned to the required standard.
- Leads and directs the maintenance team to obtain optimum productivity, while reaching the team objectives
- Management and control of Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP)
- Ensure a high standard of Health and Safety is maintained with the maintenance team with a focus on PPE, LOTO, Management of change, Permits to Work and welfare.
- Develop and maintain planned maintenance activities and calibration system in line with production needs, ensuring maximum productivity. Update TPM/PPM systems as necessary
- Generate and maintain Standard operating Practices for all maintenance tasks
- Manage all maintenance, planning and improvements for all equipment and facilities within Heatric HLD
- Manage the process of critical spares and stock levels ensuring no negative impact to production schedules
- Safeguard a proficient and appropriate service for unplanned maintenance that supports shift patterns and production schedules.
- Promote and sustain a high level of 6S across all Maintenance areas.
- Ensure the maintenance team are pro-active in all duties and not re-active to process failures
- Promote an effective drive to developing Meggitt production System (MPS) maturity and embed the processes into all maintenance activities.
- Ensures that all staff and sub-contractors maintains full compliance with safety regulations; including proper use of tools, PPE, equipment and hazardous materials. Supervising all sub-contractor working on site ensuring method statements, risk assessments and applicable documentation are completed and safe working practices is observed.
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Minimum 5+ Years experience in leading a team in Electrical /Mechanical maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- Apprentice Trained in Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance is a must
- 17th Edition, knowledge of PLC, HMI controls would be an advantage.
- Holds a qualification in Management (Certificate/Diploma) advantageous
- Working knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Understanding Continuous Improvement tools and methods
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritisation & decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Good level of computer skills including Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.