Skills: Production Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection, Production Technologist
Other Skills: Quality, Health & Safety, Continous Improvement, Manufacturing Development, Planning, Scheduling
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary including Benefits
Location: Poole, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live".
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today.
With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe
Heatric is the market leader in providing Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers (PCHEs) and for over 30 years we have designed, manufactured and provided dedicated lifecycle support to a global customer base in the Offshore, Onshore, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Our Headquarters is in Poole Dorset where the majority of our 150+ employees are based. We have a second facility in Birmingham which conducts our chemical etching process. In addition to our UK sites we have sales offices in Brazil, Houston, Singapore and Korea.
Heatric are proud to be part of the Meggitt Group which is a global engineering company specialising in energy, aerospace and defence employing over 12000 people across UK/Europe, North America and Asia.
The Production Manager within the Etching department both leads and manages the day to day production operations for on time delivery, whilst aligning tasks with company policies and procedures. Develop and train production staff to support the business objectives. The role will be responsible for all production related KPI's including HSE, Quality, OTD and cost.
- Leads, develops and directs HLD production team as defined by business needs supporting overall target and objectives
- Ensures HSE, compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and company requirements
- Initiates plans and processes which minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital
- Ensures alignment of business objectives and production schedules whilst ensuring product standards meet or exceed our customer's expectations
- Support manufacturing development to support and align to the operations strategy
- Continuous improvement implementation
- Drive Meggitt Production System (MPS) and CI activities to support business goals
- Produce weekly productivity reports and improvement ideas to the Senior Leadership Team
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Minimum 5+ Years Production Management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Apprentice trained or equivalent experience with a Management certificate/diploma preferred
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Previous ERP/MRP Knowledge
- Experience of Production planning (Capacity, resource and consumables)
- Working Knowledge of CI tools and methods
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Conflict management skills
- Effective decision making including strong team building skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to visualise and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.