Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Production Technologist
Other Skills: Metallurgist, Heat Treatment, Heat forging
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary including Benefits
Location: Poole, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live".
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today.
With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe
Heatric is the market leader in providing Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers (PCHEs) and for over 30 years we have designed, manufactured and provided dedicated lifecycle support to a global customer base in the Offshore, Onshore, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Our Headquarters is in Poole Dorset where the majority of our 150+ employees are based. We have a second facility in Birmingham which conducts our chemical etching process. In addition to our UK sites we have sales offices in Brazil, Houston, Singapore and Korea.
Heatric are proud to be part of the Meggitt Group which is a global engineering company specialising in energy, aerospace and defence employing over 12000 people across UK/Europe, North America and Asia.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Metallurgist to join our Programmes Team based at our Headquarters in Poole. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Heatric's current and future products are developed and qualified to the appropriate standards in a rigorous, cost effective and timely manner.
- To lead the alloy qualification, bonding development programmes and manufacturing engineering for the business to ensure that Heatric is able to reliably and rigorously provide higher alloy solutions to our clients' requirements.
- To ensure methods of work meet the requirements of the NTD process, IMS and other regulatory schemes
- To ensure the objectives re achieved in a timely, safe, compliant and cost effective manner by providing programme and project management
- Develop the department's capability to improve performance and contribute to the Heatric BIP
- Optimise project delivery ensuring that appropriate internal and external resources are accessed in implementing process improvements
- To deliver technology and manufacturing engineering programmes on time and in full.
- Provide technical support in the area of material selections and proposed material substitutions.
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy or other related science as a minimum requirement
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Skilled at Programme Management which includes research and development experience
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool (s)
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong Decision making skills
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task at all levels
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.